Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Order



So now that everyone is going ga ga over synthesizers and computerized beats, i think its only fair that people realize that a suprising amount of these layered beats are sampled directly from the New Order catalog. Probably the best thing to come out of England in the 80's (after Swatch watches of course) New Order redefined what it ment to be a pop band....ok, scratch that, i dont like were im going with that...

Basically, New Order used synthesizers in ways never thought of before to create a wide range of music. I think that can be clearly seen by comparing "ceremony" to say "temptation". I can't say that I love all there work, but what I have caught onto, I have with a vengence. So many cliche 80's sounds in a song, combined to make something blissfully wonderful. Dont be ashamed to play these, the 80's at their finest. Fun fact: these guys were apparently brutal live in concert, go figure.




No comments:

Post a Comment