Saturday, June 27, 2009

Electric Owls



So when I came accross the "Magic Show" EP back last year, I obviously set high expectations for the upcoming album, especially when I heard Matt Gentling of Band of Horses was involved. Needless to say expectations have been met...exceeded? mmmh dunno as of yet... They actually remind me a lot of The Who, and I know how big of a claim that is, so i'll attempt to back it up. Looking in "Magic Show" in particular- obviously the use of electric guitar as a monumental force in the song, the focal point of the "magic"...Townsend obviously was a master of this. Also, the use of the lyrics- The way Herod tell a story, just in a linear fashion, really reminds me of Tommy. And I just get the vibe, and thats obviously whats most important ha. Great track and album regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment