Monday, June 29, 2009

The War on Drugs

This song, "Taking the Farm" by The War on Drugs is about a year old, but nevertheless, I'm just being turned on to it now. For some reason, a lot of the songs I like a lot, I imagine playing at a particular moment in a persons life. I may be in a specific narrative/context or it may just represent a particular feeling. Not like a soundtrack, but almost like whatever vibe the individual is emanating at that moment in time. And for this song, I imagine playing at a precise moment of realization for a character, especially for the intro and first verses, and this character begins rushing to someone(?) or something in order to actualize whatever he/her has come to terms with. Good shit.

Oh and the guitar blips in the first 30 seconds remind me of dolphins vocalizing ha

No comments:

Post a Comment